Skip to main content

Chelsea winger Willian wants five more years at Stamford Bridge

Manchester United and Barcelona were interested in Willian this summer
Willian insists he never wanted to leave Chelsea in the summer and hopes he will remain at Stamford Bridge for the next five years.

Manchester United were interested in signing Willian, while Barcelona had three bids turned down for the Brazil international.
Willian previously claimed there was "no chance" he would have stayed at Chelsea had Antonio Conte remained as manager, but now the 30-year-old insists he never considered leaving the club.
"A lot of people, they say a lot of things in the press, but I never said that I want to leave Chelsea, never," he told the club's website.
Manchester United were interested in signing Willian, while Barcelona had three bids turned down for the Brazil international.
Willian previously claimed there was "no chance" he would have stayed at Chelsea had Antonio Conte remained as manager, but now the 30-year-old insists he never considered leaving the club.
"A lot of people, they say a lot of things in the press, but I never said that I want to leave Chelsea, never," he told the club's website.
The Brazil international insists he always intended to remain with Chelsea
"My mind was always like that, always when I arrive here my plan was to stay here as long as possible and now I am here five years, I hope to stay five more.
"I know I have two years of my contract left but I hope to stay more years in the Premier League.
"I am very happy to be here five years. I have won titles and played a lot of games with a lot of happy moments, and a few sad moments as well but that is part of football. These five years have been very good for me and I am proud to be a Chelsea player."
Chelsea will look to extend their perfect Premier League record when they host Cardiff on Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bale and Ronaldo star of Madrid wins Champions League round-up

Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice as holders Real Madrid maintained their 100% record in Group H by

Migos Members Arrested on Guns, Drugs Charges After Police End Concert

"Versace" trio's Quavo and Offset charged with felony drugs and weapons counts after police interrupt their Georgia State University performance Quavo and Offset of Migos were arrested on drugs and weapons charges during the group's Georgia Southern University concert Saturday night  Roger Kisby/Getty Images Entertainment Two members of the Atlanta rap trio Migos were arrested following the group's appearance at Georgia Southern University's Spring Bling concert Saturday night. The "Versace" rappers were in the middle of their set when the stage manager told the DJ to cut the concert short because the police had arrived on scene.  Upon leaving the stage, Migos' Quavo, Offset, Takeoff and their entourage were immediately questioned by authorities. Soon after, Quavo and Offset were arrested for felony possession of cocaine, Oxycontin and codeine plus charges of carrying a loaded weapon in a school zone, TMZ reports. According to the Bul...

Prosecutors allege rapper Young Thug led gang as trial begins and many details unfolded

  Prosecutors in Atlanta said Monday that rapper Young Thug was the “proclaimed leader” of a gang that “moved like a pack” to commit crimes, as opening statements in a long-delayed racketeering case got underway. Controversy and hiccups have dogged the sprawling trial alleging criminal conspiracy since jury selection began in January, notably over the state’s presentation of rap lyrics as evidence. The US state of Georgia holds that Young Thug’s record label, YSL, is a front for a crime ring, arguing that the defendants belong to a branch of the Bloods street gang identified as Young Slime Life, or YSL. “The evidence will show that YSL checks all of the boxes for being a criminal street gang,” said Fulton County prosecutor Adriane Love as she delivered the government’s statement, which she began by quoting Rudyard Kipling’s “Law of the Jungle.” Love addressed the issue of songwriting head on: “We didn’t chase the lyrics to solve the murder, we chased the murder and found the lyrics...